Please understand that when you first see Co-Mo Connect contractor trucks in your area, it is just the first step of many before Co-Mo’s services can be installed and turned on at your home and/or business.
Here are a few milestones you can look for along the way to receiving our services in your home:
- Once an area reaches its signup goal, engineers working for Co-Mo Connect must draw up the plans for fiber-line construction in the area.
- When the plans are completed, then the construction job will be bid out to contractors.
- Once a contractor has been awarded, the construction date will be set, and fiber-line construction will begin.
- Near the completion of the construction, you will be billed for your installation fee.
- After construction is completed, and if you have paid your installation fee, a Co-Mo Connect customer service representative will call you to set up an installation date. On that date, an installer will come to your home to switch on your internet/TV/phone service(s).
- Welcome to Co-Mo Connect Country!
Frequently Asked Questions
When is construction scheduled to begin in Jamestown?
Mainline fiber construction has been completed! Services are available NOW! Sign up at Join.Co-Mo.net or call us at 844-99-FIBER!
When will I start receiving internet/TV/phone services?
Installations are currently being scheduled and installed. Service is available to you now. NOTE: You may see neighbors getting installed before and after you during the installation process.
When will I be billed for my installation fee?
You will be billed the installation fee when your installation is scheduled.
How was the fiber line being placed during construction?
In the case of Jamestown, all fiber-line construction is expected to be underground and along utility easements.