Congratulations! The City of Prairie Home has met the required sign-up goal to begin construction!
Please understand that seeing Co-Mo Connect contractor trucks in your area the first step of many before Co-Mo’s services can be installed and turned on at your home and/or business. Here are a few milestones you can look for along the way to receiving our services in your home:
- Once an area reaches its signup goal, engineers working for Co-Mo Connect must draw up the plans for fiber-line construction in the area.
- When the plans are completed, then the construction job will be bid out to contractors.
- Once a contractor has been awarded, the construction date will be set, and fiber-line construction will begin.
- Near the completion of the construction, you will be billed for your installation fee.
- After construction is completed, and if you have paid your installation fee, a Co-Mo Connect customer service representative will call you to set up an installation date. On that date, an installer will come to your home to switch on your internet/TV/phone service(s).
- Welcome to Co-Mo Connect Country!
Frequently Asked Questions
When is construction scheduled to begin in Prairie Home?
Mainline fiber construction is scheduled to begin in early spring of 2020.
When will I start receiving internet/TV/phone services?
Barring any delays in construction due to weather, adverse terrain, or other unforeseen circumstances, the installation process should begin in winter of 2020-21. You may see neighbors getting installed before and after you during this process.
When will I be billed for my installation fee?
You will be billed the $100 installation fee between the completion of construction and the scheduling of installations.
How is the fiber line being placed during construction?
In the case of Prairie Home, all fiber-line construction is expected to be underground and along utility easements.